Thursday, April 13, 2006

on knitting and nepotism

I just added a new link to my blogroll: Pixelated Knitting. It belongs to a knitting blogger (or a blogging knitter?) with whom I share significant DNA, and whom I imprinted with "knitting" when she was but 3 or 4 years old and still had chubby fingers. I think she knitted just a small square then... but a few years ago began accumulating the accoutrements of a serious knitter: stash, patterns, needles, books, more stash, more books, and a set of Denise needles....

My daughter and I went to a book-signing at a nearby yarn store last weekend, and were both inspired by the two women who met online on a knitting blog, developed a relationship in the comment threads, and started their own blog, which yielded them a book deal. And now a book tour where they get to meet their many and ardent fans. They were actually new to me, but I am now a fan, and am trying to imagine a way to combine moebius knitting, a technique I have just learned, with Kay Gardner's log cabin knitting technique. Perhaps a boxy coat or jacket with a moebius/shawl collar? I'm thinking... I'm thinking....

Apparently, my daughter is, too, and has begun scheming how to combine her obsession for sudoku with said log cabin knitting technique. (I was also thinking that sudoku would be a great pattern on a knitted and felted tote bag, just large enough to carry a sudoku book. I think she has something more ambitious in mind.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home