Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Something new in my kitchen


I just bought a new crock pot. For its maiden voyage... a small beef roast (browned slightly in some olive oil) on a bed of celery, carrots, parsnips & turnips, a can of whole tomatoes with the liquid, a few cloves of garlic and some sprigs of parsley. And the ubiquitous Herbamare.

Then... about 10 hours cooking time, on low, while we were away from home...

That evening, after a small taste test and a cooling-off period, the roast and vegetables were divided more or less equally among 4 plastic containers and nestled in the freezer, most likely to be consumed for breakfast, given my preference for hearty food in the mornings. Especially on cold mornings. Like this morning.

I'm wondering if I can do something resembling risotto in it. Or rice pudding. Or polenta. You get the idea...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know, I'm finding it rather mindbending to flit between everyone's new sites and their old ones, looking for updates. I really need to Blogline everyone. Sigh. I love crockpots... good purchase. They make such good comfort food!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Karen M said...

I'm having the same problem, Meg, and I don't know how to set up Bloglines or an RSS feed, or any of those other ways to keep track of who's posted something new.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home