Wednesday, February 01, 2006

More Braising...

Well, I braised the beef short ribs last night, but I still haven't eaten them yet. I would have had them for breakfast this morning, but I wasn't hungry enough to eat them and still go out to lunch with a couple of co-workers, one of whom is leaving for new pastures. The good news is that I had some leftovers from lunch, including a nice serving of brown rice, that will be really good tomorrow morning when I add it to the short ribs. For breakfast.

In the meantime, I did some more braising tonight: two lamb shoulder chops, and a beef shin bone, but in separate casserole dishes. The vegetables I used were similar, onions, celery, shredded carrots, garlic, in and canned tomates, plus a bit of tomato paste, and some olive oil, but the beef was cooked with more of the tomatoes-- I used just a bit for the lamb-- and the lamb dish also included some parsnips, and some worcestershire. A small amount of white wine went into both. The short ribs were treated similarly last night.

Such abundance. Three kinds of braised meat, packed in individual servings in the freezer. I'll report back on the results.

1 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

Hi. As is turns out I'm trying to post a comment on your Lysistrata piece, but Salon's comment gizmo seems to be fagooked. They do seem to be a mess, which keeps me on "Blogger". Standby for Lysistrata comment there or, if all hope is lost, here.
Rick

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home