Friday, April 14, 2006

a moebius scarf on steroids


I really didn't mean to make it this large; it just sort of happened. You can't really tell how long it's going to be while you're knitting because the circular needles are looped in a doubled coil fairly tightly, and the size does not become evident until you begin casting off. Of course, there are other, more savvy, knitters who are able to determine from a swatch, and it's corresponding gauge, how many stitches to cast on for the desired size. But the casting on, in this case, is also peculiar. In any case, I probably cast on too many. Still, it doesn't look too bad if you wrap it more than once and let it drape. And, if it were really cold, you could wrap your head up in it, too. It's my first one. I'm sure I'll figure out the formula eventually.

1 Comments:

Blogger samcandide said...

zowie! this is terrific. looks so warm--and perfect for the hot-flasher (such as me). I'd give anything to know how to knit.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home